Monday, December 3, 2007

YouTube'n

As you could see below, I modified my Thing #20 a little bit and posted a video from Adult Swim rather than YouTube. While it doesn't discuss anything library related, I felt it touched upon a more universal theme. Everyone's got bad days. And yeah, sometimes just chalk it up to poor communication. Plus the video makes me laugh, so that's a plus.

I like YouTube for what it is. It definietly has it's uses and is a good source for people to share information (even if it's just something funny to brighten someone's day.) That said, I have found that there's more junk to sift through recently. I don't know if that's because I haven't spent much time on YouTube in recent months and rather go to certain websites for video clips (ie: Adult Swim) or I just don't have the patience to surf around on there.

I could see several uses for YouTube where libraries are concerned. It would be a good outlet to communicate some of the services, or even show a video tour of the library. Of course, that means said library would have to have the means in which to make the video and upload it. There could be a link from the library's webpage to the video clip. While it might be better to post the clip on the library's page itself if it was something that specific, general information could benefit library users from different places across the board.

No comments: