Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Flickr vs Picasa

Believe it or not, I took about 1600 pictures during my college career. Most of those were taken during my Junior and Senior years and pretty much all of them were taken with disposable cameras. Needless to say, I have still yet to take the time to scan in those pictures. (And I'm not holding my breath that I will tackle that anytime soon.) Being the savvy artist that I am, one would think I would have used my now ancient digital camera, and a wicked-cool photo sharing site like Flickr. Share them with everyone, print out what I want, etc. etc. Would have been sweet.

Oh well.

I am semi-familiar with Flickr and Snapfish. I've surfed through friends' pics with guest passes in Flickr, and apparently even have a Snapfish account. I don't take nearly as many pictures as I used to, so I never really got into the online photo sharing frenzy. This will probably eventually change.

While it seems that Flickr is probably the most popular of these sites, and one with some of the best sharing/organizing capabilities, it apparently requires one thing I don't have: a Yahoo! account. I have a Hotmail account (that is driving me crazy since they upgraded to WindowsLive), a Verizon account, and now a Gmail account (which I signed up for because I intend to eventually can Hotmail.) I don't really want to keep track of another account. Not to jump on any sort of Google bandwagon, but since I can access my blog through Google, why not my pictures too?

Perhaps Picasa will meet my needs, limited as they are at the moment.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Picasa is nicer than Flickr, in my opinion. and I'm sure they'll upgrade some soon...