Saturday, January 31, 2009

One Book New Jersey 2009

Last year was the 5th year I've been asked to do the One Book New Jersey poster for NJLA. It's a pretty sweet gig and usually fun to work on. The site is up and the posters are printed and mailed and the image is posted on the website towards the bottom of that page.

I also did some flyers for this year's program. Those were interesting (and done in gratis) and came out pretty cool too.

I loved the Read To Me selection: Art by Patrick McDonnell. That's right--the Mutts guy! Who, by the way, is from NJ. It's an awesome picture book, and yes, while it's for children, I think it's one of my favorites. I really need to do my own picture book. Hmmm...

If you're looking for some reads, the OBNJ site also archives the past years selections. Some of the best were YA selections So Yesterday by Scott Westerfeld and Dunk by David Lubar. (I had the pleasure of meeting Lubar at a program he did for OBNJ 2005. He's an awesome guy. Friendly, down to earth, encouraging... He signed my copy of his book too but only after I signed his copy of my poster. Sick!)

You can find OBNJ merchandise at the Cafepress site. You can own a little piece of my artwork! I suggest the canvas bag to carry your stuff around and save the environment. Of course, a hoodie is always an option too!

No comments: