Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Surprises... pleasant ones

During the past few days, I've received a couple comments from complete strangers expressing support and well wishes for my mom and my family's current situation. It's been really very awesome.

I obviously don't have many blog "followers," and at times I'm not really sure who's even checking it out. It just sort of made my day. Twice. So thank you, both.

And for a quick update: They changed the chemo. I'll have to find the name of the drug again. But this one's actually an oral medication, which is sort of cool. She still has to go to the hospital every other week for this other drug, Avastin, which is supposed to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. Side effects with this new chemo are supposed to be more mild, with dry skin and blistering the worst of it.

So there we are.

And here we go.

7 comments:

I Am Woody said...

What a wonderful place the interwebs can be! I love all of my new virtual friends:)

Prayers that the treatments will be easy and successful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I'm here from Woody's blog site. I am so sorry to hear what your mother is going through. One of my best friends has cancer --and she's trying to win the battles, but I'm not sure she can win the war. That cancer is a BEAST....

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your mother and family.
Hugs,
Betsy

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm a friend of Woody's, too. Just said a prayer for your mom and for you. Cancer is such a hideous disease. {{hugs}}

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Hang in there. I know it can be rough sometimes. Gonna keep an eye on you here and praying for your mom.
<><

mikaroni said...

Thank you all!

Greg said...

Hi Mike,

Heard you ran into my mother the other day. Sometimes I forget what information I've relayed and what I haven't, so I'm sorry you had to go through the whole telling again.

Please tell your family I said hello.

Greg

Lori said...

Just stopping by to say I just prayed for your mom. I am here from Woody's blog and just wanted to say I am sorry that you have to watch your mom go through this. I pray that these treatments will work and not be hard on her. Blessings, Lori