Monday, June 21, 2010

Gallery!

And in non-Relay related news...

The gallery opening for the show I made it into is Thursday. Even though it's only one painting in a multi-man-and-woman show, it's still pretty cool. And openings are always kinda fun.

And I've been tightening up some work for a one-man exhibit next month! It's small, and at a public library, but in a pretty affluent town. Who knows? There will be some music, courtesy of a flutist friend and her violinist companion. I haven't decided between fake wine and cheese or cookies and juice. (Okay, who am I kidding. It's going to be fake wine and cheese. Unless I receive a mysterious shipment of cookies from the Mid-west. Hahah!)

I also sent submitted some work to the authors/artists in charge of this Children's Lit Conference later in the year. Only have to wait till August to hear if I made it in!

Maybe things are starting to turn around?

7 comments:

Greg said...

Hey Mike,

Congratulations again on your gallery submission! How long is the gallery open? (i.e. if someone can't make it there for a mid-week opening, will it still be around for future viewing?)

mikaroni said...

It'll be up through July! Don't exactly remember when the last day is.

Maybe you could shoot up for the 17th and hit the opening at FL and catch the other one.

Just a thought!

Greg said...

That will probably work!

Kate J said...

Children's Lit Conference... Wait, what?

Hmm Greg, or maybe skip the Franklin Lakes Library reception since Michael scheduled it for a weekend that I won't be here (probably purposefully). Come another time. For fun. And art sightings. Also, I can donate my half of the shipment to the reception -- clearly I don't eat cookies made by those from the midwest. :)

P.S. I'm super proud of you for the abundance of art-related goings-on lately. You know what I mean.

mikaroni said...

I didn't tell you about that? Having to run to the post office before Relay to mail my stuff out...?

Clearly we have some catching up to do.

More on that later!

I Am Woody said...

Congrats!!

mikaroni said...

Thanks! I'm getting a bit excited about the reception. Should be fun.