Sunday, May 10, 2009

Moo-vays

Some thoughts.

Wolverine was okay. Not great, but not awful. I guess I'm uber-sensitive about my merry mutants. And I probably had my Wolvie fix with his first 3 movies (Or, the X-men trilogy...). It's just... how do you stick Cyke in there? There was no point in having Emma Frost in there (If you saw the trailer then you know exactly what her role consists of). And Gambit? Man. What a way to try and cram all this stuff--all these characters--into a movie. Story be damned.

Terminator actually looks pretty sick. I feel I'm sort of drawn to that post-apocalyptic thing, whether it's Age of Apocalypse or Logan's Run or Matrix or I Am Legend (I'll stick with Matheson, you can have Will Smith) or whatever. I would like to see it. I wonder if John Connor will be surprised when he meets a Terminator for the first time. He probably shouldn't be.

Up is probably going to be another Pixar smash. Considering the only Pixar movie I didn't really get into was Cars, I should see this.

Last but not least, I should actually go see Star Trek. Those are words I never thought I'd string together before, but damn it looks pretty awesome.

Haven't seen Watchmen yet, so I'm not sure that I'll actually get to any of these. And an $11.50 price tag stings. But we shall see...

No comments: