Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Life Prediction (summed up in songs courtesy of my Scrubs playlist)

Can you tell Relay's over? I spent way too much time playing around with this. But here she goes:

Everybody's Changing - Keane (Played while I feel like I lose half the people I thought would be there forever.)

Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen (Played while I'm questioning life and relationships and why things suck.)

Surrender - Cheap Trick (Played when I give up and try to go with the flow.)

Be Yourself - Audioslave (Played while I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing.)

Boston - Augustana (Played when I reach the bottom and decide to drop everything and move to the other side of the country. Note that instead of wanting to leave the west coast and go to Boston, it would be the opposite. Some snow would not be nice, and I'm tired of the sunrise. Although I wouldn't mind finding a lover and flying her out to Spain.)

Little Victories - Matt Nathanson (Played while I'm trying to talk myself out of tucking my tail between my legs and running back to the comfort zone.)

Beautiful World - Colin Hay (Played when I come into my own... find myself... and find her.)

Overkill [acoustic version]- Colin Hay (Played when I'm half there, half not, what do I do boyo, what do I do?)

Mother We Just Can't Get Enough - New Radicals (Played when I start to get crazy about her.)

Brick House - Commodores (Played at the weddings I might be invited to. I will probably dance to this if I'm drinking too.)

Fix You - Cold Play (Played when we help each other overcome whatever bullshit we allow to beat us down.)

Learn To Fly (Played when I'm traveling, learning, living... undoubtedly a montage.)

Blue Eyes - Carey Brother (Played when I realize I fell in love with her.)

The Book of Love - Peter Gabriel (Played when we get married.)

These Photographs - Joshua Radin (Played when I can't imagine being happier.)

Snow (Hey Oh) - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Played when something's wrong.)

Wonderful - Everclear (Played when she stops loving me and breaks my heart.)

Come Around - Rhett Miller (Played when I try to get over her.)

A Bad Dream - Keane (Played because without a doubt this will pop up somewhere in my future. Here would be good, so I can get it over with.)

In The Sun - Joseph Arthur (Played when I finally let her go and make peace with myself.)

Waiting For My Real Life To Begin - Colin Hay (Played when it all falls into place.)

Missed The Boat - Modest Mouse (Played on the shaky ground... but it's not really so bad.)

Miracle - Foo Fighters (Played because, after all, it is.)

Beautiful Day - U2 (Played because I know it is, and when it comes down to it that's what counts.)

100 Years - Five For Fighting (Played at the end. Predictable, but fitting.)

Damn... I should get started, huh?

[Of course, this is just something I played around with after some job hunting burnout... If my life does wind up needing some sort of soundtrack, I would branch out beyond a Scrubs playlist... There's always a Sweetness moment. Or a Parachute. And Here You Me. Plus you can't forget Subtitles. Or Breath Me. Two Points For Honesty? Hometown Glory? And the stuff GB hasn't introduced me to yet, or the stuff that hasn't been written yet. And maybe some original stuff by some original people...]

4 comments:

Greg said...

I'm surprised to see "Juicy" (Better than Ezra) isn't on the list.

Seems like the song that would be playing in your head when you're just walking around having a good day.

That or "Frontier Psychiatrist"...

mikaroni said...

Haha, those songs aren't on my Scrubs playslist... Should they be?

(I haven't seen all the episodes.)

Greg said...

Oh, I didn't realize the songs HAD to be from Scrubs.

I think "Juicy" was used in a Desperate Housewives promo commercial. Does that count?

mikaroni said...

Who's a desperate housewife? Hahahaaaaaa funny.

It just so happened that I was listening to my Scrubs playlist is all.

Like I said, there are a plethora of other songs which would grace such a list.