Friday, May 1, 2009

WTF cancer?

One of my good friends was diagnosed with melanoma, a "serious" [but we're not going to worry about it because it's going to be okay] type of skin cancer. She should be "comfortably" in Stage 1 and after removal and all that everything should be fine.

I was going to say that perhaps I'm more sensitive to it all now that I'm sort of involved so heavily. But that's not it. My mom having breast cancer is pretty much "in your face." My staff partner's dad (how could you even be more involved than working for the ACS?!) passing away last week. Not to mention my grandmother's and father's small bouts with skin cancer. Or that so many of my friends and coworkers have lost people this year alone.

And now my friends.

I'm not going to worry for my friend too much, because as mentioned, it's early and it will be fine. Plus, she's a very strong person and has uber amounts of support. And sarcasm is not foreign to her! That coupled with the sense of humor... she's going to kick its ass.

But seriously, Big C. Lay the f**k off, huh?

3 comments:

Emily said...

:) you make me warm and fuzzy.

mikaroni said...

=)

Kate J said...

for shiz.

thinking of you, em!