Friday, August 21, 2009

Mandatory Summer Reading

While the thought of staying in bed and never getting up was certainly tempting, I did manage to get up this morning. [Of course, that had more to do with the phone call for a potential freelance gig, soon to be followed by a call for a Relay meeting.]

My mission today is to try and get the f*** over yesterday, and shrug off some of this bullshit.

So far, I manage a chuckle with this article from America's Finest News Source:

Study: 74% Of Children Tenting Out In Yard Don't Make It Through The Night

I wish I could make copies and slip it in the books at work. That would be a larf.

2 comments:

JGMCC said...

Never regret anything you have done because it was done for a reason. I say this because what is done is done. That was where you needed to be. You have made such an impact on so many people and touched lives that you cannot possibly imagine.
As I drove home tonight the moon glowed with ornage and red hues and it seemed to be smirking then twinkling. I hope you see it outside. I think it sums up a great deal. It reminds me of you. The moon has many phases and your life does too. So when the sun shines as it does everyday even if clouds hide it, you need to smirk and design that moon.

Greg said...

In line with what JGMCC said (sorry, I don't know your name!), working at the library provided you with the opportunity to serve as an organizer for Relay for Life. It's possible that you might have gotten involved with Relay otherwise, but not as likely. So think of all the good you've done through Relay - hopefully that will be some consolation for you.