Thursday, August 27, 2009

The lion and the unicorn...

When we were little, I remember watching this live version of Alice in Wonderland that my grandmother had taped for us. It was sort of fun, sort of trippy. I guess pretty much like every other version of Alice in Wonderland.

Anyway, there's this part in there where there's a lion and a unicorn sort of acting out the nursery rhyme.
The lion and the unicorn
Were fighting for the crown
The lion beat the unicorn
All around the town.

For whatever reason, I got this idea to do a painting based on this. I don't really have anything other than the "Hmm... that could be kinda cool."

I don't have a composition idea, or a style idea. In fact, beyond the image of a lion and unicorn, I don't really have anything to go on. Maybe I'll just slap some paint on there and play...

No comments: