Sunday, October 4, 2009

Money money money

Earlier in the year, I remember sort of complaining about how it was a major project to get people to donate money to charitable organizations. There was also probably something in there about how I don't care if people [read: friends] support my causes. But we're all reasonably young and able and lucky, and I think we should be involved.

Well, a bunch of people did indeed get involved! And, as luck would have it, 5 of those people got involved with fundraisers that take place within 2 weeks of one another! I actually ran into the problem of not being able to put as much money out for these things as I would have hoped. Don't get me wrong, I know it's okay to support certain charities and not others. But these individuals have been so great with Relay, how could I not support them?

Strides Against Breast Cancer
, the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, Alliance for Lupus Research, and The May Fund will all take pieces of my paycheck this month. While they threaten my family and friends, it's a small sacrifice.

Thanks to all of you who got involved with something. Keep it up! Here's to making a difference.

2 comments:

Kate J said...

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. www.jdrf.org.

mikaroni said...

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that one.... Sorry!