Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Google docs!

I wish I had known about Google docs sooner. I was late jumping into all of Google's goodies and now I feel like I'm really playing catchup. This would have been an EXCELLENT resource for all of those patrons who came into the library to use the internet AND Microsoft Word only to find that we didn't offer that service at the time.

Here, they would have been able to do research online and open a Google document and type to their hearts content (until the time limit was up. This still would not have been a big deal since Google ceremoniously backs up pretty much everything you do... if only Illustrator was so kind...). There appear to be enough other online resources available for those who don't use Google/Gmail services. Very handy.

I don't necessarily feel that these types of programs will make Microsoft Office obsolete. I can see them perhaps using it in conjunction with traditional word processing software. Isn't it a good idea to be more versatile anyway?

No comments: