Thursday, November 8, 2007

Yo, Rollyo

I'm going to be honest: I am not a fan of Thing 12.

Don't get me wrong, Rollyo seems like a pretty cool tool. The concept of just searching websites you know and trust is a good one. And I can definitely see a use for this for a librarian who gets frequent questions about specific topics. Instead of googling, yahooing, or asking jeeves, you have your roll of 5, 10, or 50 sites that you can just search through. Sharing your rolls is cool and fits into that social networking stuff.

But I just don't like it. Right now, it's not for me. I don't mind googling or goodsearching for something and getting a new site now and then. If it's a site that I frequent, I'd just as soon bookmark it or add it to my Reader.

(Not to mention I'm not crazy about remembering all these user names and passwords.)

So, I have explored Rollyo. I see its purpose, understand what it represents and the possibilities it holds.

I'm just not going to jump into this one right now. Thanks for presenting it to us though!