Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Gotta keep runnin'...

I just finished registering for the 2010 [wow] Relay For Life. The town's goal this year is $57,000.00, and if we pull together and keep on the same track we were on last year, we should have no problem at all kicking the crap out of that goal. Earlier today, we had 6 teams signed up and over $3,000 raised. That's pretty cool considering the event is in June!

So, not sure how much stock I put in numerology, but 7 popped up a lot with Relay tonight. I registered the 7th team for the event. I'm the 28th participant, and I do believe multiples of 7 count. (Hahaha, I can't believe 27 people beat me to it this year! Last year I was the only one signed up for weeks.) After adding the Halloween Bake Sale money and the leftover t-shirt money and straggling donations from '09, my team has raised $727.00. The total amount of the top 5 teams adds up to $3,777...

I'm allowing this to be a positive sign!

I put some feelers out for an Online Chair to replace me. Have a meeting with the Nets coming up to do a walkthrough of their home court [which will be the location of our Kick-Off in January]. Committee meeting tomorrow. Holiday Bake Sale in a couple weeks... I think I have 3 teams in a strong competition to strike for $10,000 goals--us included!

Here's to a fight, just one among many. Here's to a step along a journey, and an opportunity to try and make a little bit of a difference.

No comments: