Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In Your Eyes

It's no secret that I really enjoy simple tunes. There's just something about a guitar or a piano or whatever, even if it's not necessarily accompanied by a voice, that I love. Acoustic versions of songs are beginning to be my favorites by far.

Along those lines, I stumbled into a good one over the weekend. I've really liked the song, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel ever since my sister's wedding when it was played during a little show of pics from my sister and brother-in-law growing up and some shots of our families, both living and passed. [Haha, probably cliche, but it was awesome nevertheless.] What I came across was a cover version performed by Sara Bareilles. She's one of the artist's who had a song featured in a Mac/Apple/iPod commercial... "Love Song" maybe? Either way, her version of "In Your Eyes" is, yes, awesome.

Check it out on YouTube here.

No comments: