Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Last cancer post of the year

My mom's scans and tests are next week. Friday I do believe. Results should be in by Tuesday when she goes in for chemo.

I will admit when I stop to think about it I feel sort of nauseous [so I'm not really stopping to think about it too much]. This should determine if the cancer is "gone," when she can stop chemo, etc.

The side-effects are getting worse. While the hair on top of her head has started growing back, her taste is shot to shit again. Since the chemo attacks fast-growing cells like hair, nail and tastebud cells, these things are usually effected the worst. That's why people lose their hair. And their appetites. And lose their finger nails.

She hasn't lost her nails yet, but it's not looking good...

So 2010, let's get this straight now. ENOUGH with the cancer already.

Prayers and crossed fingers would be appreciated.

3 comments:

She. said...

My very close grandmother (who is like my second mum) is suffering from cancer at the moment (unluckily it is incurable), I can totally relate to how you must feel.

But I will pray and keep my toes and fingers crossed (AND EYES maybe...) for you and your family for this year! I hope it all gets better. Much good wishes, blessings and luck your way. :D

Kim x

Mental P Mama said...

Woody sent me....I don't know what your mother has, but I just want you to know that you are not alone. Blessings to you all.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Stopping by from Woodys blog.
I have alot of cancer survivors in my family,so know there is hope. Cancer sucks!
<><