Sunday, March 22, 2009

My State Project

I have been lucky enough to travel allll over the place the past few years. And not just weekends to PA, VT or Boston or down to Florida a bunch of times. I've gone to Houston, Chicago, Portland (Oregon!), Phoenix, New Orleans, Denver, Boulder, Anaheim, San Francisco... I touched the Pacific Ocean, stood on top of Pike's Peak, waded through God knows what in The Quarter, fireworks over the Bay Bridge, museums galore. I've watched good friends marry good people. I've sampled award-winning food. I've slept in former slave quarters, on hardwood floors, in airports. Watched the sun set in one state and rise in another on the same day. So awesome. So many good times. It's like really expensive anti-depressants!

I totally dig this travel thing.

I'm going to task myself to get outta town as much as possible. Maybe even FLY around as much as I used to.

Along this vein, and as per my earlier post, I need out of here. However, I'm married to my commitments and responsibilities until Relay. Too many things depend on me (which is just messed up...).

But I just booked a flight to South Carolina! Haha so a good start, ya? :)

I'd love to go back to San Fran this year too, but not sure. A few people keep telling me to check out Seattle, and I've actually heard nothing but good things about New Mexico. Not to mention a fellow alumna's gallery in Chicago. Plus, there was an article on CNN about how tourism in Hawaii was suffering and the next couple years would be the perfect time to go...

By the by, I could use a travel companion or two. Just tossing it out there.

No comments: