Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trying To Put Your Heart Back Together

Okay... so if my little playlist project worked out better, I would have to add this song to my list. This vid doesn't do it total justice, but it's awesome.

I don't have a lot of Slow Runner's stuff, but what I do have I really enjoy. This song, "Trying To Put Your Heart Back Together," is no different. I can't figure out if I should feel sad or not when I listen to it. Haha, I guess it's actually a sad song, but in an upbeat way. Is that even possible?

It just struck a chord, and it continues to resonate.

(Thanks for the tunes, boyo!)

7 comments:

Greg said...

The trouble with Slow Runner is that not enough of their songs are upbeat. They have the potential to write upbeat sad songs like "Trying..." and "Break Your Mama's Back," but you have to slog through a lot of really slow droners to get there.

That probably sounds a little harsh, as I do like the band. They have potential - I just want the lead singer to cheer up a little bit.

Maybe it's me, but I can't listen to slow, mopey songs very often anymore.

Greg said...

Thanks for the link, by the way. We saw SR and William Fitzsimmons in Philly, and Jenn loves this song. I'm sure she'll be happy to hear it live again.

mikaroni said...

Good point. I only have the Slow Runner songs you've shared or recommended, so I suppose I haven't really heard many of the slow ones.

It's dangerous for me to listen to too many mopey songs at too often... Let's just leave it at that.

Unknown said...

i LOVE this song!!
but, sadly, greg has influenced me greatly. i've found myself singing his "alternate" lyrics, and that makes me terribly sad...

mikaroni said...

Hahaha he did the same thing to me! Bastard. I've been fighting it, but it's so damn catchy...

Greg said...

Those lyrics are so much fun!

Also:
You go out dancin'
With the Backstreet Boys and Hanson

mikaroni said...

Hahaha oh geez I didn't even hear that one...

You gave me the more offensive version for the chorus.