Sunday, April 19, 2009

And it was good

Pratt was awesome last night, and while I'm still recovering from my lack of sleep it was well worth it.

We got there a little late (I don't care who you are, you can't think it's fun to drive around the city) with traffic and getting slightly lost. But even so, we manage to get in about 6 solid hours of drawing.

We started with gestures, which are always a good way to warm up, even after so many years. Then we moved into the "5-10 minute" room. Out of the 18 or so different models, we probably were able to draw 10 of them or so. Lots of different poses and opportunities. Free pizza!!! Some interesting and fun music. Some of it live. It was so great. And ya know, I really wasn't all that bad. Now I just have to keep it up.

Also bumped into a few friends from college who I haven't seen in years. That was a nice surprise too.

See! Trepidation be damned. This one was more than well worth it.

Now to find naked people in the area...

2 comments:

Kate J said...

pizza and naked people!!

i clearly picked the wrong profession.

mikaroni said...

clearly! ;)