Monday, April 13, 2009

Compassion, Part 1 (cont.)

I wrote this down from that website:
“Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
I've been pretty good at reading it in the morning when I wake up. I figure if I can get in the habit of doing that, then soon my groggy, "Are you serious, I have to wake up? Dude, give me a break..." brain might remember it so I can sort of repeat it for a while instead of just saying it a couple times before I actually get out of bed.

Once I have that down, I am going to try and work on getting up earlier again--I was doing so well at the beginning of the year--and meditate.

For the first couple days in work I was doing pretty well with keeping calm and keeping these ideas in mind. But the public, bless them, they are just... amazing. They can whittle away those defenses like you wouldn't believe. Not that the actual job is much better at times. (I almost walked out today.) But the idea is to keep going right? Little by little... Keep it up, and I'll get there.

Right?

No comments: