Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oh, yeah!

I just sent in a submission for this contest that good old Ringling was doing called the Ringling 100. I can't tell you how many times I talked myself out of it just to talk myself back into it.

Either way, I'm proud, haha.

Had lots of little flashbacks throughout this time around. And it wasn't even the piece itself. Maybe it was just the mindset? Or talking to my Beastie about the project. Thinking of all those hours in the labs. Painting all night. Falling asleep in paintings. Studios and fumes. The passion and angst and laughs and all those other feelings of accomplishment for doing some great (or bummed-out-ed-ness for doing something not so great).

Shit I miss that. [and i miss them too.]

So this is another new leaf for me I think. Smart Mike has given me unflinching encouragement and is pushing me to be that "art kid" that I keep talking about who's sorta strange but not too socially awkward. (Haha, well I'm already socially awkward.)

I have a freelance gig lined up (with no deadline! Arrgh!) and a wedding chock-full of save the dates and invites (I swear I didn't forget) and a painting unfinished on my easel....

And there's a smile on my face that feels good.

No comments: