Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Your next booklist

If you are looking for some light bed-time reading, may I suggest you consult this list:

10 Great Books For (Traumatizing) Children

I actually feel like I need to hunt these books down! I've read the titles in #2 by Edward Gorey and Hilaire Belloc and I actually loved them. (That's not to say I think childrens books about a Hiroshima or abusive parents would be awesome. But an alphabet book of death? How can you not find humor in that. (Plus, that was one of my first ever illustration assignments... Good times.)

Besidese, if you ask me, Jim deserved it for being a brat and running away. And Matilda!! Hahahaha. You should totally check her out.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

so, i love aretha franklin. when i listen to her cd now, all i can sing is "this is the house that crack built, y'all!"

p.s. i love edward gorey!

mikaroni said...

That's awesome!

Perhaps these books would make good favors...

Unknown said...

holycrap, you should be a wedding planner!

p.s. too bad i didn't see this post in time for my sister's baby shower! why didn't i think to get some of these!?

mikaroni said...

Hahahaha could you imagine?

Each person could have a little bag under their plate:

"A is for Amy who fell down the stairs," and "B is for Basil assaulted by bears," and so on.

And then there could also be a little prop, like a baby tooth or some type of bone or a clump of hair or something.

I think I missed my calling...