Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Beach Bum

I've made a very important decision. If there is indeed reincarnation, I am going to put in for "Beach Bum." Maybe even "Beach Bum Surfer Boy." Now, I won't be picky beyond that.

I either ask to be born in Southern California. Preferably near the beach. I'll grow up playing in the sand and sun. I'll accept whatever stereotypes that come with the territory. I'll go bleach blond even. Whatever. Go running with my dog on the beach. Surf. Laugh. Sun. Beer. Surf. Smile. BBQ tossed in there once in a while. Deep conversations under the stars. Pretty chill, right?

Or. I'll take being born in Australia. Also, near the beach. We can stick surfing in there again. (I don't know where this sudden fascination with surfing has come in... was it really watching those dudes surf in the body suits in the 50 degree weather?... Maybe it just looks fun. And I don't have the balance for it in this life. Haha.) Beach bumming. All of the above. And my life-long dream would be to come to America. Because... it's nice to have a dream. Plus I'd have that awesome accent. Sick!

How's that?

(Notice how Hawaii is between these two possibilities. Just in case we have to go with some sort of average-between-the-two outcome, I will settle for the in-between of Hawaii. As if I think I'd ever utter the words "I'll settle for Hawaii" in any context whatsoever. Ever. In any life.)

No comments: